What is lymphatic drainage massage?
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a therapeutic massage in which the massage therapist applies very light pressure and long, rhythmic strokes intending to increase the flow of the lymph fluid and to decrease the toxins in the body.
What is lymphatic drainage massage good for?
The benefits of this massage are:
- Helps the body to fight infections and also to accelerate healing and illness recovery
- Reduces the chance of suffering colds and viruses
- Helps to improve the metabolic rate, so will help to reduce weight
- Reduces water retention in your body as a consequence of long sitting hours. If you experience water retention you may suffer from swollen feet and this is because the lymph has no pump as blood vessels and can’t flow
- Helps to improve the skin texture by accelerating the healing of scar tissues, reducing swelling, and improving your pores.
In a few words, this massage technique can be beneficial on your general health because the lymph system is part of your body’s immune system.
The lymph is a fluid that transports oxygen and nutrients to your cells and at the same time, caught toxins and release them out of your body through the lymph nodes.
If for any reason, your body can’t push the lymphatic fluid around, for instance, through your muscles or the pressure from your blood vessels, then, a Lymphatic Drainage Massage will be very beneficial for your as per the list above.
How a lymphatic drainage massage works?
I will receive you in a warmed practice room, as the heat is an important factor to increase the lymphatic flow.
I’ll ask you to lay on the massage table wrapped in your towels.
I will start working from your feet, applying very light pressure combined with long, soft and balanced strokes. I’ll perform pumping movements in direction of your lymph nodes on your neck, armpits and groin.
It is important to highlight that the Lymphatic Drainage Massage may leave you exhausted and thirsty.
I would recommend having a light agenda after it to give your body enough rest and to back to activity slowly.
Massage treatments I offer:
Please, click here if you have any query, or contact me.
Thinking about someone else?
Purchase a Gift Card for that special person.